- Fluid in the back of the throat
- Severe Acid Reflux
- Severe Indigestion and Heartburn
- Suitable for pregnant women
Dosage and Warnings
Adults and children over 12 years; take 5-10ml after meals and at a bedtime, up to four times a day. Children under 12 years: not to be given unless recommended by doctor. Always read the label before taking this medicine.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- This medicine contains sodium, potassium and calcium. If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts please consult your doctor before taking this product.
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (EXP:month/year shown).
- Always read the label.
Active Ingredients (Gaviscon Advance Liquid)
- 1000mg Sodium alginate (per 10 ml)
- 200mg Potassium Hydrogen Carbonate (per 10 ml)
Gaviscon Advance creates a protective barrier to stop acid from refluxing up the oesophagus (food pipe). What’s more, we’ve made sure Gaviscon Advance has “mucoadhesion” properties - this means it coats the oesophagus, providing long-lasting protection.
We know how disruptive heartburn and acid reflux can be, which is why Advance is designed for long-lasting relief - so that you can get on with enjoying everyday life.
Compared to Gaviscon Original, Gaviscon Advance’s extra strength formulation has twice the concentration of sodium alginate - forming a strong and resilient 'raft' in the process.
The liquid formulation does not contain sugar or gluten and can be taken during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
What’s more, Advance has the lowest sodium content of any product in the Gaviscon range, making it our recommended solution for pregnant and breast-feeding mothers.